Hwaygo
Hey all

Since I have a few mega drive games on their way to me from ebay I decided to give my Atgames Megadrive clone another shot.
I bought this about 2 years ago when they first came out at $99. Note this is not the HD version that has recently been released. I have no idea if the HD version emulation is better.

Mine looks like this
[_SL1500_] 
The crappyness of this thing is noticeable as soon as you load up a game and I'm really annoyed that I wasted $99 on it.
Here is a video of Moonwalker. Because the song is so notable its easy to see whats wrong. Not only does it run slow, many of the sounds are off pitch. The song sounds discordant.

Sorry for the crappy camera work, I was trying to play one handed.

Here is what it should be like:

I really should have taken this thing back to EB immidately but I didn't, so I only have myself to blame. But at least I can make a post saying "DONT DO IT" this thing sucks!

[AOAGoN]
[KSy3fj]
[updolaabc99]
Quote 0 0
Mar
Missed this post for some reason!

Yeah I'm pretty skeptical of these 'all in one' devices and generally stay clear of them. Anything that runs on emulation and has questionable copyright owner backing is something I avoid simply because you don't know what you are really buying.

The exception to this is the mini NES and mini SNES. Those being made by Nintendo you can be reasonably confident they will be a quality product. Having played both quite a bit, they are fantastic devices and well worth the money.

I'm still waiting for a good mini MegaDrive - maybe they exist? The problem is I don't think Sega is what it used to be, and won't be as invested as Nintendo would be with something like this. Or maybe that will all change now that Nintendo have done it properly.
Quote 0 0
Kapin Kong
I have that new HD MD one they released but haven't had a chance to use it yet. I also have one of the older ones too but I didn't use it much as my MD is always hooked up in my setup.
I should do a capture comparison at some point between all 3 of them just to show the difference.
Tiid Bo Amativ - Paarthurnax
Quote 1 0
Hwaygo
Thanks Kapin Kong. Yes I'd be interested to see that. 
[AOAGoN]
[KSy3fj]
[updolaabc99]
Quote 0 0