Mar
The two biggest and - in my opinion, best - arcade and pinball events on the Australian calendar have been combined. This is huge news and means that for one whole week, people can experience both events plus much more for the ultimate gaming event in Australia.

Australian Kong Off is happening for the third time now, after hugely successful events the two previous years. Richie Knuckles flies down from the USA to MC the event. And there's generally a few awesome international Donkey Kong players making the trip too. I had an amazing time at last years event and Kong Off III is literally my most anticipated gaming event for 2019 - yes above PAX!

Brisbane Pinball Masters is the biggest and best pinball tournament held in the southern hemisphere without a doubt. Last years I think cracked 120 players. While there are a number of pinball tournaments happening around Australia throughout the year, Brisbane Masters is the only one on my 'not to be missed' list.

In combination with all of that, you have Netherworld barcade. Jimmy Nails, who runs both Kong Off and Brisbane Masters, runs Netherworld and so all three of these mechas of gaming are joined at the hip and will create - I believe - something that no one should miss out on if you're into gaming. It's going to be incredible.

Here's a post from another place on the interwebs with a few details from Jason Lambert. There's much more info to come. You'll see that Kong Off starts proceedings on one weekend, and Brisbane Masters bookends the week on the following weekend. In between that is planned a whole bunch of arcade and pinball tournaments.

Quote:
2019 BRISBANE MASTERS AND KONG OFF III - 9TH-18TH AUGUST

Once again, @Jimmi Nails and I are proud and extremely excited to present the 2019 Brisbane Masters, to be held on 15th-18th August.
This year's event will be held at the Brisbane Showgrounds, in conjunction with the annual Royal Brisbane Show. Our venue is at least twice the size of the 2018 event at Rydges Fortitude Valley.

The 2019 edition will be a part of a massive Pinball & Arcade carnival to be held around the South East QLD corner, with numerous IFPA registered and non-IFPA events being held over 10 straight days. Comps will be held at the showgrounds, Netherworld, Pincadia and Timezone Coolangatta (TBC), starting Friday 9th August, culminating in the 5th Annual Brisbane Masters final on August 18th.

So save the date(s)! And be prepared... Jimmy and I have already got our beds and drips booked at the hospital for the Monday after. You won't want to miss the 2019 Brisbane Masters!

Likely pinball tournament schedule (subject to change):

Friday 9th August - Brisbane Showgrounds
Saturday 10th August - Brisbane Showgrounds
Sunday 11th August - Brisbane Showgrounds
Monday 12th August - Mini Matchplay @ Pincadia
Tuesday 13th August - Brisbane Pinball Club @ Netherworld
Wednesday 14th August - Coolangatta Pinball Club @ Timezone Coolangatta
Thursday 15th August - Brisbane Showgrounds
Friday 16th August - Brisbane Showgrounds
Saturday 17th August - Brisbane Masters @ Brisbane Showgrounds
Sunday 18th August - Brisbane Masters Finals @ Brisbane Showgrounds

Other events may also appear in the calendar around the area too.

If you're looking for somewhere to stay, I can't recommend FV by Peppers enough. It's a fantastic hotel, literally 30 seconds walk to Netherworld around the corner. It's where I will be staying for the first half of the week, then moving accomodation to share with a bunch of friends for the Masters segment of the week.

Join me for the fun!
Quote 0 0