Yes coz social media sells YOU. 0 votes
0%
 Yes coz GTS is HERE 1 vote
25%
 Yes coz Twitter has poll limits? 2 votes
50%
 No coz I don’t understand that 0 votes
0%
Multiple choice poll. Please sign up or log in to vote.
Got the impression polls couldn’t be done here and had to be done on Twitter...?
Random item from my Tabletop Games Collection
[image] 
See it & the rest here:
Quote 0 0
bakersnarkMDW
I don’t know much about Twitter polls, or social media in general as I’m not on any (thank God), so maybe you can rank things in those polls but I also gather there are limits on item numbers...
Polls here might make people look here.
[image] 
See it & the rest here:
Quote 0 0
Hwaygo

Polls here might make people look here.

I wish that was the case and it might be true to some. However for the majority twitter provides a central location for people to get a sense of 'whats happening' and they may stumble on our poll which is easy to vote on because you just tap the response you want.

I believe it is limited to 4 poll options which is annoying but the extra interaction is worth the trade off I think.

[AOAGoN]
[KSy3fj]
[updolaabc99]
Quote 0 0
bakersnarkMDW
Surely it’s the podcast that leads them to the poll, and the poll is where you put it, and if the poll’s here it leads them here. 
Of course there’s not even a thread here for the latest podcast yet, so they need to go elsewhere to comment anyway... 😏
[image] 
See it & the rest here:
Quote 0 0
Hwaygo
It's very hard to know the order of causal events. But I think what is more likely is that the poll on twitter is seen casually when browsing twitter. I'd be very surprised if people hear about the poll and then seek it out on twitter. If they were to do so we'd probably have more people posting on the forum.
[AOAGoN]
[KSy3fj]
[updolaabc99]
Quote 0 0
Mar
Oh wow, I forgot to make a thread for the latest podcast! I blame Brisbane... I've only just started getting back into the swing of things at home even though I arrived back Monday afternoon.

There were (note the 'were') two reasons why I used the twitter poll as opposed to here.

1. The poll never worked properly on the forum when I first installed it. If it's working now then that's a welcome surprise!
B. Twitter has so much more reach it's not even a competition. There's negatives to that of course, but the fact remains that the world uses social media now, and thousands of people see the poll there. I'd post a poll on Facebook if there was such a thing, but there isn't.

Having said that, if the poll works here now then I'll use it from now on, and we can mention it on the cast. I don't know how popular it will be, but if it's 1 or 2 extra votes then that's pretty awesome regardless.
Quote 1 0