Arcade_Dunce
How about a segment in the podcast on the lamest excuse to not play or attend a meet?

Anyone got any starters?
Quote 0 0
Mar
Heh. First of all, welcome to the forum Arcade Dunce! Let's see if we can turn you into Arcade A Bit More Knowledgable!

If (like I suspect) you are referring to my absence from the Wildball finals last night. Yes I did not attend due to getting a tattoo the day before. Having a bad experience in the past with a tattoo that got damaged during the healing process (the first 48 hours are crucial), I didn't want to take any risks.

The main reason however is that I haven't been well for some time, and I've been having a break from social gatherings, including ZBall League. I'll be fine, but just need some time out.
Quote 0 0
bakersnarkMDW
Serious suggestion:
How about a table of contents in the show notes? Start points for major topics. Hopefully no one would use it to just skip to their section of narrow interest (missing the “BakersnarkMDW says on the forum...” highlights) - I would use it for reviewing sections I was about to post some pedantic nitpicking about on the forum.
Random item from my Tabletop Games Collection
[image] 
See it & the rest here:
Quote 1 0
Mar
Serious suggestion:
How about a table of contents in the show notes? Start points for major topics. Hopefully no one would use it to just skip to their section of narrow interest (missing the “BakersnarkMDW says on the forum...” highlights) - I would use it for reviewing sections I was about to post some pedantic nitpicking about on the forum.

Just realised I never responded to this. Apologies.

I totally get that this would be very useful for people, and I've seen other podcasts do this. However, the additional time required to mark and timestamp everything would be a little too much I reckon. Getting the podcast out is pretty time consuming as it is - it takes the best part of a day for me to just put the podcast up, let alone how long it takes John to edit the cast and do the show notes! So any additional work just isn't viable at the moment.

Who knows, if we start getting really good at this stuff we may find time to review this again in the future. But for now we will stick to the show notes providing the information on the content.
Quote 0 0
bakersnarkMDW
1F2D7D62-5B8D-43FE-8F82-0650849F61BD.jpeg

@benjamescampbell said

Was listening to a play list of my face C64 sid tunes whilst dismantling furniture today and it made me think... "A discussion on what the best C64 game soundtracks are would make a great episode for a podcast..."

@evn responded
That would be pretty awesome
I've had so many stuck in my head for most of my life

To which I added
<@363608133089755137> May object, as he’s not a C64 guy and it would require considerable research on his part.
<@259555638831611905> On the other hand, built an Arduino MIDI unit based around the SID chip.

Continued @Hwaygo 
Yea i dont know the c64 well

My riposte
🎻 <—World’s smallest violin (surely)
Random item from my Tabletop Games Collection
[image] 
See it & the rest here:
Quote 0 0
Mar
Thanks for recording that as a suggestion Mark. I put it in our notes when Ben mentioned it on Discord. It'd be interesting to see how something like this could work in practicality. We could do a wider 'video game soundtrack' episode rather than just sticking to one platform. But, let's see what happens.
Quote 0 0