bakersnarkMDW Show full post »
bakersnarkMDW
Yet another instalment in the Insufficient Notice Series:

Zball Pinball comp TONIGHT (16/10/18)
2nd event at Summer Hill Hotel (right next to the train Station)
Free Entry to win Zbits (not sure of IFPA status)
As always, Zball calendar can be found here:
http://zball.com.au/index.php/newsletter/

Same 4 machines as last time: Tommy, Attack From Mars, Corvette, Getaway
There was an issue with the right flipper on Tommy last time which has, of course, been fixed (if anything, it’s too strong now! 😁)

Podium from the last event:
34C35AD4-0D75-4467-B6B0-F14B9062EBE9.jpeg
Team Mark well represented, with Matt Venables in a Mark sandwich - Mark Tibbetts first and Marc Calvi 3rd (ignore mad photo-bomber in the back). I was unable to compete, but I’m sure there was another Marc there somewhere...
Random item from my Tabletop Games Collection
[image] 
See it & the rest here:
Quote 0 0
Mar
Congrats to Mark! Commiserations to Mark, Mark and Marc!

I was unable to make it to the most recent ZBall (as astute attendees might have guessed). A little too busy leading up to PAX.
Quote 0 0
bakersnarkMDW
Zball pinball tournament tomorrow night:

OCT 30th, Tuesday 7pm
Orange Grove Hotel, Lilyfield
(Catch 440 bus from Bondi Junction via Oxford St - Railway Sq - Parramatta Rd, or 444/445 from Petersham Station)

Roger has changed the link for the event calendar:
http://zball.com.au/index.php/calendar/
[image] 
See it & the rest here:
Quote 0 0
Mar
I couldn't make it this time sadly. Before PAX came along I did have a plan to make it to ZBall that night, but obviously it was too ambitious, being the day after PAX and all.

It's sad to hear Roger is wrapping up ZBall this year and not doing it anymore. Do you know why this decision was made Mark? I'm pretty bummed about it. Maybe we should chat about it over a refreshing ale or 7.
Quote 0 0
bakersnarkMDW
My current understanding is that it’s just a cessation of the big Zball comps because Roger wants to change his focus a bit. Zball will continue as an operator with perhaps some rationalisation of some of the more far-flung venues, and I believe he and Jess are looking to open their own venue somewhere. He’s likely to be supportive of anyone who wants to run their own comps on his machines, like Dejan and his Sydney Knockout. He’s also bought a second Critical Hit deck, so there’s a good chance of some more of those.

Anyway, back to current tournaments.
The second of the Summer Hill nights was actually won by Roger over Reon and Matt (MJV). [I’m just going by Facebook because I was a little inattentive by the end of that evening 😉]

Tuesday night at the Orange Grove was a triumph of the locals!
B9E9EA7E-5D0A-462D-81DC-8EF898BB5DBB.jpeg

Zball stalwart Paul (KAZ) split the local contingent of Darryl (?) in first and Tim in 3rd.
I started off alright but faded badly at the end (came 4th/5th).
Spiderman let me down - usually pretty good on it but not so much Tuesday night. Highlight was a 3rd ball comeback on Game of Thrones - started on about 7 mil cursing my choice of Martell with 2 locks still to go for multiball. Started the Martell mode and completed it for about 160mil, then ran Blackwater multi with the Martell add-a-ball getting to one super jackpot and a final score of a bit over half a bil. Not breaking any records, but did the job. 😁
[image] 
See it & the rest here:
Quote 1 0
nich2pat
Anybody going to ZBall final tomorrow night? Ill be coming down for it and I think Brett and Naiomi are also. PJ and Logan up from Wollongong too. Sounds like a big turn out for the last ever comp 🙂
Quote 2 0
Mar
Yep I'll be there for sure. I've even booked a hotel for the night, so I'm going large!

I've heard there's going to be a fair few people, so yeah, should be fun.
Quote 1 0
bakersnarkMDW
I’ve been very remiss on my Local Pinball duties (a couple of results slipped by etc).
I’ll of course be there. Roger is allowing 50 players in the comp and expecting to fill them with overflow. Current Zball members and out-of-towners are guaranteed a spot and then the remaining spots are decided by some sort of UFC cage match (I think)...
[image] 
See it & the rest here:
Quote 1 0
bakersnarkMDW
Been a very quiet year for pinball comps in Sydney (Zball & otherwise) but Zball did hold an end of year Xmas flip frenzy at the Annandale Hotel on the 10th of December. Myself and Firepower Dave were nominally in charge, Dave looking and sounding more official, running tight control on the score sheet. I was often near the player queue sheet but kept needing to run to deal with other things - it became apparent that what appeared to be a two person operation was akin to playing the N64. 83114041-FF81-416A-A880-C7B5FE0469BC.gif 
Many thanks to both Michele and Marc Bell for taking on player queue duties, the latter forgoing his spot in the comp to do it (I’ll take him at his word that he doesn’t like Flip Frenzies, so I don’t feel too guilty).
The results:
68A7D8AE-3293-41DC-94E4-BE297D0559E2.jpeg
Top 4 got money ($400/300/200/100) and the next 10 got some Zball tokens. Had some good feedback afterwards. 
Pic from the night:
2A8D990F-3F92-4C4D-B48F-73DF354BA588.jpeg
MAD front and centre.
And I’ll add Marc’s tweet of the Elvira machines installed that day and the notable retweet:
A7464225-767B-4739-BEAF-D22C84DF79FC.jpeg  0FB148B4-E994-41AA-A5C0-7E0C9D2A9512.jpeg 
[image] 
See it & the rest here:
Quote 0 0