Hwaygo
Had a decent pickup through gumtree today.

$100 for the lot. All games with manuals.

20180512_131141.jpg 
[AOAGoN]
[KSy3fj]
[updolaabc99]
Quote 2 0
bakersnarkMDW
Ooh, volleyball! 😃

Not that I’m much across console games, but it seems unusual to see a whole cartridge dedicated to volleyball - a sport I’d expect to find in a collection (maybe Olympics), I know it’s in Big Beach Games for the Wii...

All that aside, looks like a good grab.
Random item from my Tabletop Games Collection
[image] 
See it & the rest here:
Quote 0 0
Mar
Wow, very nice! Sonic is a great game on the MS - it’s actually pretty tough, unlike the MD version.

That joystick is really good by the way. I used that for the majority of my C64 games too because it was solid, and pretty responsive. It was certainly better than just about every C64 joystick out there. The only thing with it is that you need to remove the top square thing you grab hold of and just use the stick for really good control. Makes it a bit fiddly, but it suited my purposes well through many tough platform adventures (Turrican 2 comes to mind...).

I grabbed a couple of things this week myself. Nothing too fancy;

Wayne’s World and Barney’s on MD - pretty sure these games are rubbish, but they were in good condition and worthy to add to the collection.

93A75FE4-41C0-49BC-9E7E-1E10209A9307.jpeg

And an ECP keychain fob that Mark Bakersnark Williams kindly gave me. I still can’t believe these exist, as far as I know they were a budget distributor in Australia for C64 games. Why they produced fobs is anyone’s guess! And apparently, gold plated!

2F97F986-9153-40C3-9E40-9C752D04F5EB.jpeg
Quote 0 0
bakersnarkMDW
Mar wrote:

I grabbed a couple of things this week myself. Nothing too fancy;

Wayne’s World and Barney’s on MD - pretty sure these games are rubbish, but they were in good condition and worthy to add to the collection

There’s some pure collecting right there! 

Quote:
And an EPC keychain fob that Mark Bakersnark Williams kindly gave me. I still can’t believe these exist, as far as I know they were a budget distributor in Australia for C64 games. Why they produced fobs is anyone’s guess! And apparently, gold plated!

Come on Marc, it’s “ECP” not “EPC” - it’s written right there on the fob! Give them the respect they deserve. 😉 (OK, I see the edit now)

A couple of examples of their “gold plated” disk production:
58B1C1E6-3A9D-4F5E-B02C-405118F55B36.jpeg 

I like the the rubber stamp names on the mono print label. Afraid I don’t have the rest of the packages at hand to get the full picture.
[image] 
See it & the rest here:
Quote 0 0
Mar
I’ve got a lot of ECP stuff, here’s just a couple of examples;

CD5B12B9-AC17-40CE-AD40-BB04F8487410.jpeg 

So not all budget stuff I suppose.

By the by, that Gold Ribbon Pack was the very first games bought for our 64. In fact it was what we played that Xmas morning when it was all opened. Ironically, not much gold in there. But it did keep us entertained until the stores opened again and we could buy some good games.
Quote 0 0
bakersnarkMDW
Wow, that SSI D&D is ECP?

I’ve got a bunch of multi packs for C64 and “Gold” was often in the title. I’ve even got an OziSoft distributed pack called Solid Gold from US Gold. Some packs included titles probably deserving the description but it was pretty hit & miss and a lot of Fools Gold was involved. One collection was called a “Budget Pack” - what were they thinking!? 😐
[image] 
See it & the rest here:
Quote 1 0
Mar
Yep, and I have a Bard’s Tale and Pool of Radiance SSI ECP release too.

So there you go, not all budget lucky dips after all!
Quote 1 0
Hwaygo
Ooh, volleyball! ðŸ˜ƒ

Not that I’m much across console games, but it seems unusual to see a whole cartridge dedicated to volleyball - a sport I’d expect to find in a collection (maybe Olympics), I know it’s in Big Beach Games for the Wii...

All that aside, looks like a good grab.

haha yea. I had a go at it. It seems a decent game. I think the developers were really trying to create something that is faithful to actually playing volleyball (not the beach kind). You can do setups and spikes and block. It was really hard to get the hang of though and I think it could be really fun once you do (assuming the hit detection of blocks is okay).
[AOAGoN]
[KSy3fj]
[updolaabc99]
Quote 0 0
BSS
I never had a MS, but a cousin did. One game that we played a bunch was The Ninja. I mostly just remember trying to clear the game with 100% accuracy.
Quote 0 0
Mar
BSS wrote:
I never had a MS, but a cousin did. One game that we played a bunch was The Ninja. I mostly just remember trying to clear the game with 100% accuracy.

Was that game any good? You see millions of them around, and I’m pretty sure it was a budget title even back in the day. I’m not sure I’ve ever played it actually.
Quote 0 0
BSS
I think it was OK. Would have to play again to see if it holds up at all.
Quote 0 0