Mar
Colour me shocked, I had no idea this was happening.

Archie Brothers Electric Circus - a new arcade bar (barcade?) has opened up in the inner city of Sydney in Alexandria. I believe they only opened in December 2017 (https://www.theurbanlist.com/sydney/directory/archie-brothers-electric-circus), so this is brand new. A friend of mine stumbled across it on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/electriccircusau/

It certainly looks very very slick. Great photographs and media around it, and the food looks incredible. I can't really tell what sort of games they have there besides redemption and 'activities'. I'm really hoping they have retro arcade and pinball, but so far the verdict is still out. I have though spied a blurry shot of a Ghostbusters pinball machine in the background of one of the photos, so there is hope.

Anyone gone along? I'm super keen, and might even get there today if all things go right.

Ghostbusters below!

AB-milkshake5.jpg 
Quote 0 0
Hwaygo
How the EFF did we not know about this...?

Its apparently the same guys that made the "holly moley" put put bar in newtown.

Looks awesome! Cant wait to go!
[AOAGoN]
[KSy3fj]
[updolaabc99]
Quote 0 0
Mar

Yeah that putt putt golf in Newtown is a funny one. I honestly thought that would be the biggest failure - who the hell wants to play putt putt golf in the middle of Sydney's night spots? The reality: that place is packed to the absolute brim every time I walk past it, morning and night.

Shows what I know...

Quote 0 0
Hwaygo
Mar wrote:

Yeah that putt putt golf in Newtown is a funny one. I honestly thought that would be the biggest failure - who the hell wants to play putt putt golf in the middle of Sydney's night spots? The reality: that place is packed to the absolute brim every time I walk past it, morning and night.

Shows what I know...

It actually doesn't supprise me at all. I think that the biggest thing holding back amusement businesses such as arcades and putt-putt is the social acceptability of adults engaging in them.

People think these things are for kids and in turn don't engage amusements. But the reality is these games are fun and if you engage with them you'll have a good time.

So theoretically by making the amusement an adult's only environment (a bar) you break down the idea that it's just for kids. Suddenly it's okay to play because it's designed for adults.

I'd love to see more adults only amusements!
[AOAGoN]
[KSy3fj]
[updolaabc99]
Quote 1 0
BSS
I actually went to this place last year when it had just opened. I wouldn't call it a barcade at all. At least not as we know it. More like a modern Timezone with a bowling alley and dodgems. Also a jungle gym. And yeah a bar.
When I was there they weren't sure fully set up, but I don't recall seeing any classic games or pinnies if that's what you're after.

It's worth checking out, but I'm not sure it's a regular hangout type place. It's right next to Rocks Brewery which is a big plus.
Quote 1 0