Nice pod dudes, the runtime is crazy long! Took me a couple of sessions to get through it but that's all good 😉 My feedback / discussion points from this episode:
- Switch: I love the pro controller, I never play with anything else unless I'm using the console as a handheld
- Mario Kart: Double-dash was gamecube, Mario Kari Wii was the Wii, MK7 was on 3DS, and MK8 on Wii U with MK8 Deluxe on Switch
- Pre-owned games at EB and JB can have some good bargains, but it's pretty rare. It usually happens when someone trades in a game that EB don't actually stock/sell (there's a lot more than you might think). EB tend to miss-classify these from the back office and put great games out at throw away prices. It happened a lot in Nintendo games around Wii and DS days. A downside for EB though is that they have warehouses of sports games that will eventually need to be trashed as people won't buy them for $1 and the dumping costs is highly likely to cost them more then they made ripping off the original trader, all things considered. That area of the business survives off the boom/bust nature of newly released games. Once they age a bit those trade-in bins just become dumping grounds.
- Segway from above, always check Target for games when you're out shopping as they typically hold a number of games that EB and JB don't stock, even on modern consoles.
- Speaking of linking Lynx, go and check out the Panasonic 3DO – you could play 8 players by daisy-chaining the controllers to each other, and each controller had a headphone jack with volume slider!