nich2pat Show full post »
nich2pat

I am also going to change the "JAM/ALBUM/TOUR MULTIBALL LIT' to be "JAM/ALBUM/TOUR SUPER JACKPOT COLLECTED" 

For JAM it is either 15 or 20 Jackpots by hitting ramps

ALBUM is going through 15 songs by knocking down banks of drop targets

TOUR is 20 Jackpots by hitting orbits

Quote 0 0
Mar
nich2pat wrote:

I am also going to change the "JAM/ALBUM/TOUR MULTIBALL LIT' to be "JAM/ALBUM/TOUR SUPER JACKPOT COLLECTED" 

For JAM it is either 15 or 20 Jackpots by hitting ramps

ALBUM is going through 15 songs by knocking down banks of drop targets

TOUR is 20 Jackpots by hitting orbits

Reading this, I realise now that I actually had no idea how the jackpot to super jackpot thing worked. Slightly embarrassing considering how long I've been playing the game...
Quote 0 0
bakersnarkMDW
Mar wrote:

Reading this, I realise now that I actually had no idea how the jackpot to super jackpot thing worked. Slightly embarrassing considering how long I've been playing the game...

It’s symptomatic of this modern Stern modus of “lots of little jackpots” - I guess it’s intuitive that you collect “a whole bunch” to light the Superjackpot but you’re not really told how many and it’s pretty much impossible to keep track and there’s no easy-to-see visual count (I don’t think). I prefer the ‘retro’ method of a couple/few biggish jackpots, that are easy/obvious to track, leading to a predictable super jackpot 

eg GnR - you shoot each lit ramp once for regular jackpots, then the saucer in the lock lane for the larger Paradise City jackpot (about double). Replay that sequence to light the super on the inner loop. 
Likewise on Creature - search the 3 locations to find the girl, snackbar to rescue, snackbar for jackpot, pops to light super, snackbar for Super - simples!
Stern- hit lit things LOTS until the Super lights somewhere...
Random item from my Tabletop Games Collection
[image] 
See it & the rest here:
Quote 0 0