Mar
Stern are teasing that they are revealing the new Iron Maiden pinball machine in about 12 hours. Titanium Man has supposedly been confirmed by Stern that it’s their project name for the metal band pin.

Thoughts? Is anyone excited? I’m very keen to see what the artwork looks like at the very least.

3F219297-5C69-43B7-8705-7CE9DC74FE8C.jpeg 
Quote 0 0
bakersnarkMDW
Holy crap! How many years has this pin been about to happen?

Hope their recent announcement about hiring Brian Eddy is connected...

(Image removed, file size to large) - Hwaygo
Random item from my Tabletop Games Collection
[image] 
See it & the rest here:
Quote 0 0
Mar
Rumour has it the announcement is in around 10 minutes.... Here's hoping.
Quote 0 0
Mar
Confirmed! The next Stern pinball machine is getting announced shortly. One more person to be eliminated from the PAPA finals and they announce the machine. Here's the live feed:

Quote 0 0
Mar
Screen Shot 2018-03-25 at 11.34.33 AM.png 
Quote 0 0
Mar
Wow, what a let down. That picture was it!
Quote 0 0
bakersnarkMDW
Mar wrote:
Wow, what a let down. That picture was it!

Yet another reason for me to maintain my usual policy of not bothering with a machine until it’s in front of me!
[image] 
See it & the rest here:
Quote 1 0
Mar
Yeah I certainly don't pass judgement until I play something. However, I do pass judgement on the art... That's something that is very important to me on a machine, if not THE most important thing to me.

Reading a bit more into the new title (Legacy of the Beast), I'm a little concerned that the art for the Iron Maiden machine will be based on the mobile game / comic book art. That would be a big let down... Let's hope that's not the case.

Screen Shot 2018-03-27 at 9.33.16 AM.png 
Quote 0 0
Mar
Well I'm surprised, it doesn't actually look that bad. The playfield art is too busy in my opinion, but maybe it won't look as much so in person.

Just briefly watched the game being played on the Dead Flip stream too and I have to say, the layout looks fantastic. Looks like a real, new, design (Keith Elwin). Really looking forward to playing it.

im-pro-playfield-01a_preview-9e5d51c1-adde-4c10-ab3e-2190a1404348.jpg  IM-Pro-Detail-15.jpg  IM-Pro-Detail-12.jpg  IM-Pro-Detail-01.jpg  IM-Pro-CabinetLF-01a.jpg 
Quote 0 0
bakersnarkMDW
Has Elwin designed anything before? Was there Archer? Anything else?

Left ramp entry through pop bumpers - Ow! The right pop is part of the entrance to that left orbit too?!
[image] 
See it & the rest here:
Quote 0 0
Mar
It's actually Keith's Archer design. From what I understand, after the JT fiasco, Stern had to completely scrap what they had for Iron Maiden and start from scratch. So, they grabbed Keith's design which was already finished and reworked the art (and rules to some extent I guess).

I reckon it's a bit of a blessing in disguise. Having a new fresh layout is going to work out really nice.
Quote 0 0
bakersnarkMDW
Mar wrote:
It's actually Keith's Archer design. From what I understand, after the JT fiasco, Stern had to completely scrap what they had for Iron Maiden and start from scratch. So, they grabbed Keith's design which was already finished and reworked the art (and rules to some extent I guess).

I reckon it's a bit of a blessing in disguise. Having a new fresh layout is going to work out really nice.

Think I’d prefer the Archer theme. Getting a bit over so many music machines - none of them music I REALLY like.

Also, if your theme is a movie or TV show you’ve got an existing narrative you can structure your game progression on. A band and their songs may have some similar themes lurking in them but they’re still largely unconnected.

I guess IM have Eddie and some comics/video games with some sort of story to work with, though I’m not familiar with them. 
[image] 
See it & the rest here:
Quote 0 0
Hwaygo
The modes actually look to follow a sort of story progression. The whole idea is that you're a character trying to collect crystals or something from different time periods. It follows from the "Legacy of the beast" comic books.
As far as bands go, this one actually has a kind of narrative going for it.

They will always make music pins because music is the perfect mechanism for evoking the emotions of the player. Some people might have a certain negative reaction because they don't like particular music, but on average and overall most people will get a rush from the pulsing guitars.
Also stern just sticks to what works..

I think the play field looks great. I think busy is good for a play field. I don't like the animations on the lcd. They are again pretty average quality which really bugs me. I have no idea why they are doing 3D graphics. Maybe they did use some assets from the mobile game..

The left orbit can only be shot from the upper right flipper. Its a loop around like on Highspeed 2.
[AOAGoN]
[KSy3fj]
[updolaabc99]
Quote 1 0
Mar
Yeah the animations on the LCD look pretty bad. However, apparently most of those animations are placeholders for now. I don't expect them to ever look great though - Stern just don't seem to care as much about that stuff unlike JJP.

Hi-Res pics (they may take a long time to load in...) - Looks pretty great.

im-pro-cabinetff-01a-1522162568424.jpg 
im-pro-cabinetlf-01a-1522162568429.jpg 
im-pro-detail-18a-1522125304420.jpg  im-pro-detail-26-1522127924759.jpg  im-pro-detail-19-1522127924747.jpg  im-pro-detail-24-1522127924754.jpg  im-pro-detail-21-1522127924750.jpg  im-pro-detail-20-1522127924748.jpg  im-pro-detail-23-1522127924752.jpg  im-pro-detail-12-1522127918008.jpg  im-pro-detail-16-1522127918013.jpg  im-pro-detail-13-1522127918010.jpg  im-pro-detail-15-1522127918012.jpg  im-pro-detail-14a-1522127918011.jpg  im-pro-detail-17-1522127918015.jpg  im-pro-detail-10-1522127918003.jpg 
Quote 1 0
Mar
Video of Iron Maiden being played:

Quote 0 0