bakersnarkMDW Show full post »
Hwaygo
I've actually not played hero quest either, but that video is just too funny not to share! haha.

I just picked up Pandemic Legacy which I'm looking forward to playing.

Is this Labyrinth game based off the 80's Bowie movie Labyrinth?? haha
[AOAGoN]
[KSy3fj]
[updolaabc99]
Quote 0 0
thrax
Hwaygo wrote:
I've actually not played hero quest either, but that video is just too funny not to share! haha.

I just picked up Pandemic Legacy which I'm looking forward to playing.

Is this Labyrinth game based off the 80's Bowie movie Labyrinth?? haha

tbh I didn't watch the video, but HQ is amaze-balls.

Yeah the game is completely based off the 80's Bowie movie 😉 It only came out like last year or the year before and has an expansion I'm yet to purchase... it looks like really nice production quality!
Quote 0 0
bakersnarkMDW
thrax wrote:

Yeah the game is completely based off the 80's Bowie movie 😉 It only came out like last year or the year before and has an expansion I'm yet to purchase... it looks like really nice production quality!

So it would be this:
https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/198447/jim-hensons-labyrinth-board-game

Quite a number of games with Labyrinth in the title and I know virtually nothing about any of them. SO many games being released all the time, particularly thanks to Kickstarter. I studiously ignore them at that point and let a few filter through to me down the track by various means - particularly the sale tables 😀
Random item from my Tabletop Games Collection
[image] 
See it & the rest here:
Quote 0 0
thrax
Yeah that's the one alright 😉 If I get to play it tomorrow night I'll let you know what it's like.

I've got some amazing games and some absolute shit as well! Dunno if you've ever played Dark World (https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/31/dark-world) but it is ridiculously bad and has zero replay value.
Quote 0 0
bakersnarkMDW
Finally got to play another tabletop game with the podcasters. No repeat run of MULE, but the quick playing space fight of Stellar Conflict as described by me here in the June Pickup thread.

I decided to further simplify the game by leaving out the cargo ships as they have some special rules of their own - so it was just a straight gunfight. In my quick rules explanation I neglected to clarify that a ship is hit simply by the trace from the weapon (rubber band/laser line) going into part of the card rather than the picture of the ship, but I don’t think it made as much difference to outcomes as some may have claimed! 😉 It’s tempting to go with a hit-only-on-the-image convention, but that would lead to a lot more missed shots which wouldn’t be so much fun - a lot of which is in the unintended hits, either through error in the quick laying of a card or long range shots through a space cleared by earlier kills.

I think the game was generally enjoyed and could get another run at some point. Matt seemed to like the idea of a multi-round game, reinforcing or redeploying a fleet from your remaining unused ships minus your destroyed ships. The game’s not designed to do that (just a single skirmish and then start again) but it could easily be done - damaged ships could carry that damage into the next fight or repair it if rested for a battle, you could even rebuild destroyed ships by spending accrued victory points (or maybe stolen/retained cargo could be used for rebuilds rather than VPs).

it was infortunate we weren’t able to perplex patrons of 1989 with our antics but the joint was packed and afforded no tabletop space for a tabletop game.
[image] 
See it & the rest here:
Quote 1 0
Mar
Yeah it was fun. We had a brief chat about it when we recorded the latest cast. Let's see if it makes the cut!

I reckon we try and squeeze in a 30 minute game before we record each time at 1989. Although that probably won't be practical in all cases.
Quote 1 0
bakersnarkMDW
Mar wrote:

We had a brief chat about it when we recorded the latest cast. Let's see if it makes the cut!

Well it made the cut and further discussion of the game is on the podcast thread here:
https://forum.gamethesystem.co/post/ep-14-interview-with-netherworld-bar-arcades-jimmy-nails-full-wrapup-of-2018-brisbane-pinball-9806640?pid=1304964777&random=42716
[image] 
See it & the rest here:
Quote 1 0
bakersnarkMDW
Kapin Kong wrote:

I do actively hunt VHS board games though (yes I know that's crazy).

Does that include DVD games (or is that too high tech)? Local op-shop currently has Atmosfear DVD boardgame for $6.
[image] 
See it & the rest here:
Quote 0 0