Mar Show full post »
thrax
Beautiful 😉 I'll work on a thread to promote our stuff a bit later, and I'll make sure I give you guys some mention on our side as well, agree that it's the more the merrier!

I've never lost the passion from the first GargantuLAN [wink] 

At some point we should have a proper catch up / chat too, interested in what you're doing these days outside of gaming; like most people all of this is just a hobby for me on the side of my career.
Quote 1 0
bakersnarkMDW
Don’t know if  anybody has seen the TV show The Goldbergs (I’ll assume a “no” from Marc) - it’s a Wonder Years style show but about a Jewish American kid hitting his teens in the 80s (its usually quite vague about the actual year and I think any events you can attach to a year tend to pop up in no particular order). I submit that, at least in part (1 verse and the chorus), the theme is an appropriate element of the soundtrack of this site:

“There’s an 8-bit game inside my head
Just one more hit and I’ll be dead
I’ll duck and jump and charge ahead
And I never lose, I just reset

I'm twisted up inside, but nonetheless I feel the need to stay
I don't know the future, but the past keeps getting clearer every day.”

And for reference, here’s the whole thing:
Random item from my Tabletop Games Collection
[image] 
See it & the rest here:
Quote 0 0
bakersnarkMDW
Didn’t get any bites on my Goldberg post above. As a small amount of additional bait check this credit for series 1 episode 1:
317FF27D-5572-4987-833A-EB47E1048746.jpeg 
[image] 
See it & the rest here:
Quote 0 0
Mar
bakersnarkMDW wrote:
Didn’t get any bites on my Goldberg post above. As a small amount of additional bait check this credit for series 1 episode 1:
317FF27D-5572-4987-833A-EB47E1048746.jpeg 

Heh, wow, that tune is actually pretty cool. If it wasn’t potentially litigious it’d make a good intro for the podcast!

And I wonder how Wiebe feels about the current Billy Mitchell shenanigans...
Quote 0 0
bakersnarkMDW
Mar wrote:

Heh, wow, that tune is actually pretty cool. If it wasn’t potentially litigious it’d make a good intro for the podcast!

And I wonder how Wiebe feels about the current Billy Mitchell shenanigans...

If I were him I’d just keep shtum and let it all just happen by itself. Don’t know where he stands now ranking-wise but all due attention will probably just naturally return to him and he’ll look all the better for making no fuss now.

With appropriate attribution, I doubt you’d be in any trouble with the Goldbergs (they’re not Wham-o Corp)! They’d be happy for further promotion of the show.
Also, in another tenuous link to the current podcast (8), Adam F Goldberg who created the show based on his family and a bunch of videos he made from age 11 is in this doco movie:
30 Years of Garbage: The Garbage Pail Kids Story (2017) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3711708/

http://www.imdb.com/videoplayer/vi3154753817
[image] 
See it & the rest here:
Quote 1 0
Mar
I was never much into the Garbage Pail Kids but the idea of that doco sounds awesome. I'm going to check it out. If only there was a Madballs one!
Quote 0 0